UNION - Operations Manager - Cinema
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN - MILWAUKEE
STUDENT EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager DEPARTMENT: Union
SUB-DEPT: Student Involvement/Union Cinema
· Should be responsible, and able to deal with public in a cordial and helpful manner.
· Must be customer service oriented and be able to work with other University departments and a diverse customer base.
· Working knowledge or willingness to learn basic financial systems
· Must be able to work without direct supervision.
· Must be flexible, prompt, and detail oriented.
· Must be able to work some day, evening, and weekend hours.
· Work as a team with Union Cinema Programmer on the operational aspects of the Union Cinema
· Oversee house team, coordinating the training and hiring of house staff and membership process.
· Schedule all house and projection staff using When to Work.
· Oversee film trafficking – oversight of spreadsheet, DCP keys, tracking incoming films, making sure outgoing films go out in timely manner.
· Maintain weekly office hours.
· Provide managerial presence during some screenings in the Cinema.
· Administrative oversight of cash handling and attendance records.
· Order and inventory Cinema house and office supplies.
· Monitor maintenance of facilities and house equipment.
· Attend student leader trainings at supervisor’s discretion.
· Co-facilitate monthly staff meetings.
· Timely communication with staff on issues and updates related to Cinema operations.
· Coordinate monthly tabling.
· Meet weekly with supervisor.
· Work with Event Services and custodial staff on Cinema use.
· Work with supervisor on staff and supply budgets.
· Check Cinema email regularly
· Communicate with patrons regarding questions and concerns about the Cinema.
· May be required to augment house staff on an as needed basis.
· Communication skills
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Excellent vision and hearing.
This is a part-time student position. Hours will range between 15-20 per week. Starting wage is 9.25/hour, with evaluations and possible raises each semester.
This is a great job for a film student who is interested in some business aspects of the film industry, or a business student who loves films.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to
Linda Corbin-Pardee – email@example.com