Overnight staff focus primarily on opening and closing the Student Union and ensuring the safety and security of the facility during hours outside of normal operation.
· Must have at least two full semesters remaining as a student.
· Must be trustworthy, responsible, well-mannered, professional, and have a positive work-focused attitude.
· Must poses good organizational skills and good judgment; particularly in difficult, stressful, or emergency situations.
· Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must have the ability to perform specific, detailed instructions/assignments with minimal supervision.
· Must have willingness to accept new responsibilities and challenges while learning the position.
· Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work a minimum of 14 hours a week during various times including, but not limited to, late nights and early mornings (11pm-7am).
· Must be a current student in good academic standing.
Overnight staff report to Student Union Building Managers. Understand and execute opening and closing procedures. Maintain a working knowledge of lock and key systems, including times of opening, closing, restrictions for various staff and student organization officers, and take appropriate action to fulfill needs and requests. Regularly tour the Student Union and ensure the safety of the facility. Appropriately confront policy violations and security matters. Assess and appropriately respond to emergency situations. Ability to take notes while confronting policy violations and then accurately composing and submitting appropriate reports. Possess working knowledge and ability to use various alarm and paging systems.
Ability to lift a minimum of fifty pounds; Ability to remain standing and walking for long periods of time; Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.