Our Roll Tender Operator is an important position of the dryer sheet manufacturing process. You will monitor fabric simultaneously being pulled from multiple rolls on a wall grid, all coming together into a "Pull Section" (like the lanes of a highway all coming together into one). Here are the three main phases:
1. Load the wall grid: place the fabric rolls onto horizontal spindles (rods), with the assistance of a lift for the higher spindles.
2. Feed the machine: route all fabric from all the rolls into the "Pull Section".
3. Documentation: complete the paperwork verifying that you have used the correct fabric, lengths, and cuts.
Roll Tender Operator explained - video
Shift Available -
Shift C 12 Hrs / Fri thru Sun, Day - 6AM to 6PM, work 36 hrs - get paid 40 hrs, *You train on Shift A, Day - 6AM to 6PM, Mon thru Thur.*
Shift D 12 Hrs / Fri thru Sun, Night - 6PM to 6AM, work 36 hrs - get paid 40 hrs, *You train on Shift B, Night 6PM to 6AM, Mon thru Thur.*
This is a physical position that requires you to move constantly, monitor for fabric breaks, take measurements, make adjustments, check in with the personnel packing the sheets, and complete real time documentation.
If you want to highlight your diversity while staying active in a manufacturing career, then apply for Roll Tender / Machine Operator.
Other duties include:
- Complete cleaning/sanitization of machine(s) in accordance with established guidelines.
- Complete quality checks utilizing visual inspection.
- Complete setup or changeover of machine(s) to include loading with components and packaging materials.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized production line and work area.
- Assist with waste removal from line and/or plant.
- Assist with packing duties (i.e. palletizing, packing cases) as needed.
- Process all required paperwork accurately and timely.
- Observe all safety and quality procedures while completing required duties.
Do you have what it takes to be successful at Kleen Test Products?
Attendance: Show up on time to work and be ready for shift huddles. Attendance is critical to success.
Positive Attitude: Be excited to work at KTP and learn and grow each day. Bring high energy and pace each day.
Mechanical Aptitude: Focus on the entire operation, including team members roles and know how to address problems with the operation. Know what the process should look like.
Team Work and Respect: Know that we are a team and have to work together. This means respecting one another each and everyday no matter what.
- Legible handwriting to complete paperwork.
- Willingness to coach and train new employees as needed.
- Ability to apply common sense to solve daily problems as they arise.
- Committed to conduct all work in a safe manner.
- The ability to work independently, however mostly working as part of a group/team.
- Confident in developing relationships at various levels.
- Committed to delivering superior quality products and services.
- Maintain and promote strong work ethics and uphold all KTP policies and procedures.