Part-Time Office Assistant - Regional Learning Center, Oconto Falls
LOCATION: Oconto Falls Regional Center
HOURS: 12-24 hours per week, between the hours of Monday-Thursday 8am-6pm and Friday’s 8am-4pm. Schedule to be determined at the time of hire and hours per week are based upon time of year. Flexibility required.
MINIMUM STARTING WAGE: $13.74/hour
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population
Assist the Regional Manager in the daily operations of the facility, provide support to students, instructors, and partners (business and K-12), serve as a liaison to internal and external customers, and assist in the marketing of programs, courses, and initiatives in the District.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Respond to customer inquiries and provide excellent customer service
• Schedule student advisor and testing appointments, reserve meeting space for outside entities.
• Conduct proctoring and testing procedures for students and instructors including check in/out, administration and distribution of materials
• Process student business including registrations, payments on account, and sales.
• Initiate and support recruitment, retention, and outreach efforts marketing initiatives by assembling mailings, generating emails, making phone calls, social media communication, and creating and/or requesting marketing publications.
• Assist with course scheduling, maintenance, and entry (PeopleSoft, 25Live, etc.)
• Provide technical assistance to students, including login, scanning, or software needs.
• Plan, promote, organize, and implement student involvement events that provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities, as well as order and maintain student involvement supplies and materials.
• Oversee daily operations of the facility, set up rooms for classes, ensure building safety, cleanliness, etc.
• Prepare CPR equipment for classes, clean and maintain equipment as needed.
• Maintain inventory of bookstore items, supplies, brochures, etc.
• Maintain digital display with announcements, current events, and activities.
• Contact current and prospective students to support the campus retention and persistence initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned, based on needs of the District.
Competency Statements (s)
· Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
· Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
· Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
· Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
· Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
· Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
· Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum one year of previous office and/or customer service experience preferred
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
Microsoft Office Suite
Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Districts standard insurance policy terms
N – Not Applicable
O – Occasionally – up to 33 percent of the time or 0 to 2.5 hours per day
F – Frequently – 33 to 66 percent of the time or 2.5 – 5.5 hours per day
C – Constantly – more than 66 percent of the time or more than 5.5 hours per day
10 lbs or less
Handling / Fingering
Over 100 lbs
Reach Above Shoulder
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at (920) 498-6826 or email@example.com.