UWM College of General Studies TRiO SSS Student Assistant - Washington County Students Only
UW-Milwaukee College of General Studies (CGS)
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) - Student Assistant
Location: Washington County
Office Hours: MTWR 9:00am-2:00pm (fall and spring semester)
Hours per week: 4-20
Work Study Preferred
TRiO Student Support Services is an academic support program for students who are first-generation, income eligible, and/or have a documented learning or physical disability. The program provides personalized advising (academic, financial, and career), professional tutoring, supplemental courses as well as opportunities for scholarships and leadership. Additional programming includes new student orientation, social/cultural events, and an end-of-year awards ceremony.
The TRiO SSS Student Assistant will help create a welcoming, learning environment in the TRiO Scholars Center (WASH 308) and provide support to CGS TRiO students and staff throughout the academic year. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors entering, calling, or emailing the office
- Assist students with PAWS, Canvas, Teams, Navigate, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Direct students to appropriate campus resources
- Assist with preparation and execution of TRiO on-campus events
- Assist with marketing and recruiting efforts (e.g., flyers, postcards, and social media)
- Run campus errands
- Additional projects and tasks assigned by TRiO staff
Candidates must have and maintain a 2.50 GPA or higher and demonstrate a high level of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook 365
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate in a clear, courteous, and professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Appreciation for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to work between 4-20 hours a week
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working in an office setting
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with social media such as Facebook and Instagram
If you have questions about the position, please contact Schelzia Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.