Program Coordinator, QTBIPOC Affinity Group
Job Role Program Coordinator, QTBIPOC Affinity Group – LGBTQ+ Resource Center
Gain experience in building inclusive communities, facilitating difficult dialogue, and working in an identity-forward office!
You’re a great fit for this position if you want to:
- Build inclusion spaces and communities on campus
- Work in an environment that is flexible and affirming
- Network with LGBTQ+ leaders and allies on campus
Wage $20.00 per hour, around 3 hours every other week (around $120 per month)
Summer/Winter Hours Position is year-round
- Willingness, interest, or experience in engaging in difficult conversations
- Must have extensive experience or background with QTBIPOC communities
- Able to work Tuesdays from 12-1pm in order to attend the group
- Must be a currently-enrolled graduate student at UWM
- GPA 3.0 minimum
No Work Authorization Requirements all students welcome!
*Resume of related experience in facilitation, community organizing, and/or identity-related experiences
*Personal statement outlining their experience with QTBIPOC communities
- Moderating bi-weekly QTBIPOC Affinity Group meeting. These meetings will be held on Tuesdays from 12-1pm on campus for the Fall semester. The Program Coordinator will maintain a supportive atmosphere, and pay attention to the conversations and stated needs of the students in attendance. If conflict arises between students during the meeting, the moderator will promote healthy means of engagement.
- Preparing for meetings. This can include prepping icebreaker activities, discussion topics, or other ways of providing loose structure to the meetings.
- Reporting to the LGBTQ+ Resource Center Director. The Program Coordinator should make note of any concerns students raise during the meetings about the resources the University provides, any needs that are not being met, or any structural difficulties they encounter from the administration. At the end of each semester, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for submitting a brief report to assess the campus climate for QTBIPOC students.
- Supporting other QTBIPOC initiatives of the LGBTQ+ Resource Center when the QTBIPOC Affinity Group is not meeting over the winter and summer sessions.
LGBTQ+ Resource Center
2200 E. Kenwood Blvd
Student Union, Room WG-89
Open Monday-Fridays, 9am-5pm, year-round
Hiring Point of Contact
LGBTQ+ Resource Center Director
Join the UW-Milwaukee LGBTQ+ Resource Center Team! Our student staff are integral to the mission and work of creating a welcoming space for LGBTQ+ students and their allies, and fostering a more inclusive, equitable, and respectful UW-Milwaukee campus community. Interested students should be problem solvers who are friendly and willing to engage in difficult dialogues with the goal of deepening people’s understanding of identities along the gender, sexuality, and expression spectrums.
This role is expected to be fully in-person with a tentative start date of November 1, 2022. Hiring and onboarding may be subject to delays.