20|20 Catering is looking for student caterers to grow our team for the Spring 2023 semester along with limited services in the Summer of 2023!
Starting pay $11.00-$11.50/hour based on experience and qualifications!
This position is a great opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in food preparation and customer service skills while also meeting other student employees and developing friendships. We work around your class schedule with convenient 3-4 hour shifts 7 days a week up to 25 hours per week (20 for international students)!
We are looking for energetic, adaptable, and motivated caterers to join our growing team! In this role, you will work with other members of the catering team to provide the highest quality of catering services for our clients at special events ranging anywhere from small coffee orders to large plated meals (when guidelines allow this type of service). You will accommodate special requests from clients, prepare and serve food and beverages, and aid in the set-up and breakdown of catering equipment. You will also be responsible for general cleaning and organizing of workspaces, following all guidelines relating to Covid-19 Policies and Procedures as set out by UWM, and any other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, check out the duties and qualifications below!
· Follow catering protocol including company health and safety policies and Covid-19 Policies
· Execute event; incorporate client requests and dietary needs
· Prepare event spaces prior to functions; properly set tables with linens and place settings
· Demonstrate exemplary customer service in all interactions with clients and event guests
· Attend to guests’ needs for the duration of the event
· Prepare and serve food and drinks; bus tables as needed
· Load and unload catering vehicles with food, supplies, and equipment for events in all weather conditions
· Breakdown and clean equipment following the event; ensure that venue is left clean and tidy
· Complete side work as needed, polish silverware, refill condiments containers
· Maintain a clean and orderly storeroom
· Clean and sanitize all work and event spaces
**This position is expected to perform all or some of the following duties for the catering department. You may, at times, also be assigned to help in another Restaurant Operations unit.**
· Customer service experience
· Excellent food handling and preparation skills
· Restaurant/Catering experience
· Bartending experience
· Ability to lift equipment and food supplies repeatedly during a shift with the ability to push, pull, and lift 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance at catering functions
· Availability to work a minimum of 10 hours per week with 3 consecutive hours of availability
· Morning availability one or two days a week (6am)
· Night and weekend availability