Scheduling Assistant, Restaurant Operations
Student Position Summary:
As a Scheduling Assistant for Restaurant Operations, you will primarily be responsible for scheduling student employees who work in Riverview Eatery, Sandburg Café, and Cambridge Café. This will be done using attentive and thoughtful communication with students and supervisors.
This position exercises a high level of confidentiality of employee information, strong attention to detail in all work requirements, a customer-service driven atmosphere that welcomes questions/concerns, effective communication with department and intercampus representatives, and a full understanding of Retail Services and UWM’s policies and procedures.
The incumbent is expected to mostly work independently, demonstrate effective problem solving, and have ambition to seek information from supervisor(s) and other sources. It is also expected that incumbents use their best judgement when a direct supervisor needs to be involved with a complex issue.
The incumbent will be offered an hourly rate between $11-11.50 based on prior relevant work experience.
- Emailing and communicating with both retail service students and staff in a timely manner
- Data entry on our scheduling platform
- Scheduling Restaurant Operation employees according to their availability and open shifts
- Manage and track employee call-ins
- Track employees shift attendance
- Use a point system to accurately track missed shifts, late to a shift, or left a shift early
- Review time sheets for payroll
- Work directly with Hiring Team to confirm employees’ status in the hiring process
- Communicate about student employees whose employment has ended to the appropriate parties
- Available Mondays and Fridays & Tuesdays and Thursdays 12pm-8pm
- Has excellent written and verbal communication
- Has customer service experience
- Organizational skills
- Must be an undergraduate student