Student Office Assistant - School of Education
The Office of Student Services (OSS) in the School of Education (SOE) is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated, hard-working UWM student with exemplary customer service and organizational skills. The OSS is the first point of contact for current and prospective SOE students as well as visitors and guests.
The primary duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Provide quality customer service to current and prospective SOE students, visitors, and guests.
• Provide phone/email coverage and manage incoming calls, voicemails, and emails.
• Schedule advising appointments via the Navigate platform.
• Prepare student materials for upcoming advising appointments.
• Process transcript evaluations per established procedures.
• Assist with processing admission applications.
• Manage incoming paperwork.
• Provide administrative support to OSS staff.
• Maintain electronic and physical student records, including creating electronic student files and maintaining physical files in File Room.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
We are looking for a detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint). Ideal candidates will possess a high level of organizational skills, a willingness to learn, ability to take initiative and the maturity to work in a professional environment.
Pay Rate & Hours
• Daytime hours, typically between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday
• 15-20 hours a week with more hours available during the summer, winterim, and when special projects warrant.
• This is an entry-level position. Work-study is accepted but not required.
• $12.00 per hour. Excellent performance can lead to pay and responsibility advancement.