Laboratory Animal Caretaker
Perform basic animal husbandry duties for small animals housed on campus under the close supervision of the Laboratory Manager or Veterinarian.
Flexible work schedule around classes. Required rotating weekend and holiday shifts for animal health checks. Looking for students that are able to continue working over winter break/summer. The job includes mostly standing, cleaning and physical labor.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· feeding and watering animals
· monitoring animal room environments
· cleaning primary and secondary enclosures
· handling animals
· reporting sick or injured animals
· general facility maintenance and housekeeping
· cage wash operations
· Interaction with graduate students and investigators may be required
Please include a class schedule with application.
Applicants will be contacted via email to verify job qualifications prior to interview.