Union - Audio Visual Technician - Event Services - Student Affairs
Audio-Visual Technician Job Description
Please Note: We are accepting applications for qualified Audio Visual Technicians.
Please do not apply unless you have experience working in the following; live sound, lights, projection, or video recording
The Audio-Visual Technician will work directly with the Audio-Visual Manager. The Audio-Visual Technician position is vital to the success of everyday technology at the Student Union. The Audio-Visual Technician is responsible for setup, running, and take down of audio/visual (A/V) equipment used throughout the building. The Audio-Visual Technician will also provide technical assistance and support throughout the building. The Audio-Visual Technician will also provide technical assistance and support during events as requested or as needed. It is important that the Audio-Visual Technician be familiar with the building, its equipment, policies, programs, and services and the day-to-day schedule of events. This position offers the opportunity to grow as a student and professional.
• Read and interpret room diagrams.
• Ensure setup and put away of A/V equipment is completed for all events. Make sure A/V storage areas are kept in order.
• Reading and interpreting room diagrams with respect to A/V setups.
• Setup A/V equipment for meetings and various functions around the building.
• Troubleshooting A/V equipment when there are technical questions or problems related to A/V equipment and identifying appropriate solutions.
• Serve as on-sight A/V support for events that take place in the Student Union.
• Provide basic instruction on the operation of A/V equipment to customers as necessary.
• Clean and maintain equipment, report damages to the Audio-Visual Manager.
• Attend A/V staff meetings and training sessions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must maintain at least a 2.25 GPA.
• Must have skilled knowledge of audio-visual equipment.
• Must have skilled knowledge of computers, presentation software and A/V equipment.
• The ability to work independently, identifying resources and make independent decisions.
• Strong oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability and interest in learning technology related skills.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
• Flexible hours for availability (including evenings and weekends) when the building is open.
• Positive customer-oriented attitude and professional image.