Ideal student videographers have experience shooting and editing videos and will bring innovative ideas, creative energy and solid content creation skills to produce videos for UWM’s YouTube, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram accounts.
· Self-produce social media videos for UWM’s Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube accounts, including scheduling, shooting, editing, and publishing.
· Contribute ideas and execute deadlines.
· Write text for use in videos graphics and YouTube titles and summaries.
· Serve in role of production assistant on large-scale productions, this could include being a visual observer on a drone shoot, being the boom operator and running sound on another, helping set up lighting or move or modify lights.
· Collaborate with Marketing & Communications social media, marketing, and media teams.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Sophomore or junior pursuing a degree in film, broadcast journalism, marketing, or a related major.
· Experience using professional video equipment.
· Experience using video editing software (Adobe Premiere preferred).
· Adaptability and willingness to learn.
· Commitment to safety on film sets.
· Outstanding communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Compensation, Hours, and Location
· $15 per hour, up to 10-15 flexible hours per week, including summer.
· The possibility of being hired as an on-call P.A. for shoots for candidates who do not require additional hours.
· Based in the Physics Building, 4th floor