Firmware Engineer, Co-Op
Brady Corporation is a $1.23 billion dollar international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and people. Brady has 90 locations in 29 countries.
The Firmware co-op/intern engineer is responsible for implementing and supporting the firmware teams delivery of high quality code. The engineer will need to read schematics, read datasheets, and utilize both hardware and software debugging tools in order to complete assigned activities. The engineer is expected to complete assigned deliverable, document the deliverable, write clear concise code, and comment code as appropriate.. All engineers are required to follow Brady’s development process which includes our iterative development process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, develop, code, and document small modules as part of firmware projects and other assigned deliverables..
- Work with other Firmware, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to complete assigned deliverables
- Assigned deliverables may include writing firmware, writing software, executing test plans, and exploring tools and technologies..
- Read schematics, utilize oscilloscopes, digital analyzers and other test equipment in the development and debugging of firmware designs
- Setup and use software code debuggers for specific processors development environments used in Brady printers
- Implement technology selections for current project that support architectural goals of the organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working toward a degree in Bachelors of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Some Knowledge of implementing code to solve problems on target hardware.
- Some Knowledge of C language programming or similar language
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
Desired Characteristics: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some Knowledge of .net and C# programming
- Some Knowledge of C++ ISO/IEC 14882:2203 or higher
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf